The last two week was a crazy one in India. For an Indian, who pretty much lived his life in Chennai, living in the US during those times was sad! The week before last had Mr. Ram (Lord Ram, as in the guy who married Sita!) hogging the limelight. Poor man had no idea how much people would fight over a land in his name centuries after he even existed. Finally the verdict handed over by the court? Lets share the land!!
Do not mistake me when I give the “!!”, thinking I am conservative by nature. I am just ridiculing the time taken by the High Court to hand out this verdict. If none know about the time frame of the case, from the little research I did on the case, it took them 60 years!!! The verdict was extremely fair in my opinion, considering that the court had to satisfy a country with 1.2billion+ people who come from all walks of life. Mr Ram must have surely happy with the fact that there was no deaths like in the 1992.
Next comes the happiness India had from Mr.Laxman. Vangipurappu Venkata Sai Laxman played the innings of his life (if we were to forget the 2001 innings of 281 against Australia) against his favourite opposition, the Aussies (Oz) scoring 73* n.o and handing India is closest victory in tests. One of my friends most rightly said, ” LAXMAN = Leaves Australian XI Miserably Agonised, Nonstop….!!!!!!”. How true considering the fact that most of his test runs have been against the country that is often touted the greatest in the game! I saw the final two overs and I was in tears when India won.
To put it more artistically, Ram and Laxman made India happy in every way possible.
For those who are kind of wondering on what my last part of the post if about….. “Mehehehe….Mehehehe”…??? It about the movie ‘Enthiran, the Robot’!!! India’s most expensive movie (probably even Asia’s from what I read on the net) ever, having a dream caste that none other than Sun Pictures can assemble (Rajinikanth, Aishwarya Rai, AR Rahman, Dir.Shankar,Resul Pookutty,Cam.Manikandan, Sabu Cyril’s art, Peter Hainz along with Hollywood’s best in action and graphics).
But more than the movie, it is Mr.Rajinikanth who made me watch the movie. A wonder-man whose magnetic pull is more for his style than his acting (I love his acting, so no offense); a man who still acts as a 30 yr old romancing ladies younger than his own daughters and fighting goons 10 times his size, but making it all so enjoyable that we actually forget that we have to think!! Here is a list of things Rajini could possibly do in his lifetime (its all funny, but could happen in his movies. This is what makes him what he is now!! I am sure a North-Indian created this list though):
1. Rajinikanth killed the Dead Sea.
2. When Rajinikanth does push-ups, he isn’t lifting himself up. He is pushing the earth down.
3. There is no such thing as evolution, it’s just a list of creatures that Rajinikanth allowed to live.
4. Rajinikanth gave Mona Lisa that smile.
5 .Rajinikanth can divide by zero.
6. Rajinikanth can judge a book by it’s cover.
7. Rajinikanth can drown a fish.
8. Rajinikanth can delete the Recycle Bin.
9. Rajinikanth once got into a fight with a VCR player. Now it plays DVDs.
10. Rajinikanth can slam a revolving door.
11. Rajinikanth once kicked a horse in the chin. Its descendants are today called giraffes.
12. Rajinikanth once ordered a plate of idli in McDonald’s, and got it.
13. Rajinikanth can win at Solitaire with only 18 cards.
14. The Bermuda Triangle used to be the Bermuda Square, until Rajinikanth kicked one of the corners off.
15. Rajinikanth can build a snowman out of rain.
16. Rajinikanth can strangle you with a cordless phone.
17. Rajinikanth can make onions cry.
19. Rajinikanth can watch the show 60 minutes in 20 minutes.
20. Rajinikanth has counted to infinity, twice.
21. Rajinikanth will attain separate statehood in 2013.
22. Rajinikanth did in fact, build Rome in a day.
23. Rajinikanth once got into a knife-fight. The knife lost.
24. Rajinikanth can play the violin with a piano.
25. Rajinikanth never wet his bed as a child. The bed wet itself in fear.
28. Rajinikanth doesn’t breathe. Air hides in his lungs for protection.
29. There are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Rajinikanth lives in Chennai.
31. Rajinikanth does not own a stove, oven, or microwave, because revenge is a dish best served cold.
32. Rajinikanth has already been to Mars, that’s why there are no signs of life there.
33. Rajinikanth doesn’t move at the speed of light. Light moves at the speed of Rajinikanth.
34. Rajinikanth knows Victoria’s secret.
35. Water boils faster when Rajinikanth stares at it.
36. Rajinikanth can throw the Thackerays out of Mumbai.
37. Rajinikanth kills two stones with one bird.
38. Google won’t find Rajinikanth because you don’t find Rajinikanth; Rajinikanth finds you.
40. Rajinikanth leaves messages before the beep.
41. Rajinikanth once warned a young girl to be good “or else”. The result? Mother Teresa.
43. Rajinikanth killed Spiderman using Baygon Spray.
44. Rajinikanth can make PCs better than the Mac.
45. Rajinikanth puts the ‘laughter’ in manslaughter.
46. Rajinikanth goes to court and sentences the judge.
48. Rajinikanth can speak Braille.
50. Rajinikanth can teach an old dog new tricks.
54. Rajinikanth got small pox when he was a kid. As a result small pox is now eradicated.
55. Rajinikanth’s calendar goes straight from March 31st to April 2nd, no one fools Rajinikanth.
56. Rajinikanth grinds his coffee with his teeth and boils the water with his own rage.
57. The last time Rajinikanth killed someone, he slapped himself to do it. The other guy just disintegrated. Resonance.
58. Rajinikanth once had a heart attack. His heart lost.
59. Rajinikanth proves Newton wrong all the time. Every time he performs an action, he simply eliminates anything and everything that can provide the reaction.
60 Rajinikanth can dream up to 256 levels of dreams even without sleeping.
61.Rajinikanth can lick his elbows.
62. Rajinikanth once ate an entire bottle of sleeping pills. They made him blink.
63. Rajinikanth does not get frostbite. Rajinikanth bites frost.
64. Rajinikanth doesn’t wear a watch. He decides what time it is.
65. Rajinikanth got his drivers license at the age of 16 seconds.
66. When you say “no one is perfect”, Rajinikanth takes this as a personal insult.
67. In an average living room there are 1,242 objects Rajinikanth could use to kill you, including the room itself.
68. Words like awesomeness, brilliance, legendary etc. were added to the dictionary in the year 1949. That was the year Rajinikanth was born.
69. The statement “nobody can cheat death”, is a personal insult to Rajinikanth. Rajini cheats and fools death everyday.
70. When Rajinikanth is asked to kill some one he doesn’t know, he shoots the bullet and directs it the day he finds out.
71. Rajinikanth can give pain to Painkillers and headache to Anacin.
72. Rajinikanth knows what women really want.
73. Time and tide wait for Rajinikanth.
74. Rajinikanth sneezed only once in his entire life, that’s when the tsunami occurred in the Indian ocean.
75. As a child when Rajinikanth had dyslexia, he simply re-scripted the alphabet.
76. Rajinikanth collects Honey from his private Moon – HoneyMoon.
77. Rajinikanth can answer a missed call.
78. Rajinikanth doesn’t need a visa to travel abroad, he just jumps from the tallest building in Chennai and holds himself in the air while the earth rotates.
79. Rajinikanth’s brain works faster than Chacha Chaudhury’s.
80. Rajinikanth doesn’t shower. He only takes blood baths.
81. To be or not to be? That is the question. The answer? Rajinikanth.
82. The quickest way to a man’s heart is with Rajinikanth’s fist.
83. Where there is a will, there is a way. Where there is Rajinikanth, there is no other way.
84. Rajinikanth’s every step creates a mini whirlwind. Hurricane Katrina was the result of a morning jog.
85. Rajinikanth doesn’t bowl strikes, he just knocks down one pin and the other nine faint out of fear.
86. Archaeologists unearthed an old English dictionary dating back to the year 1236. It defined “victim” as “one who has encountered Rajinikanth”.
87. There is no such thing as global warming. Rajinikanth was feeling cold, so brought the sun closer to heat the earth up.
88. Once a cobra bit Rajinikanth’s leg. After five days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
89. Rajinikanth is a champion in the game “Hide n’ seek”, as no one can hide from Rajinikanth.
90. Rajinikanth inspired James Cameron to make Avatar, he discovered Pandora.
91. Rajinikanth is a weapon created by God to use on doomsday to end the world.
92. Aliens do indeed exist. They just know better than to visit a planet that Rajinikanth is on.
93. We live in an expanding universe. All of it is trying to get away from Rajinikanth.
94. If at first you don’t succeed, you’re not Rajinikanth.
95. Rajinikanth’s first job was as a bus conductor. There were no survivors.
96. Rajinikanth does not style his hair. It lays perfectly in place out of sheer terror.
97. When Rajinikanth plays Monopoly, it affects the actual world economy.
98. Rajinikanth is the only man to ever defeat a brick wall in a game of tennis.
99. Rajinikanth’s house has no doors, only walls that he walks through.
100. You can write only 100 facts about the superstar. Rajinikanth is very modest.
Okay guys, my professor is constantly looking my way now. Oh, this makes me realize!!!! I am in sitting in my Pricing Strategy class… Will catch up later. Take care.